Common Sense Isn't Common

Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Knicks

I'm glad Larry Brown is gone.

That's it. Period.

I'm glad he's gone and between the Knicks and Liberty, this means 1 down, 3 to go as far as I'm concerned and 4 if you count the owner.

But my dislike for Isiah Thomas (and him being one of the 3) is not going to prevent me from rooting for the Knicks next year.

Sure, I want Thomas as far away from my team as possible for the simple fact that if I messed up my job as much as he has in the last 30 months...I'd have been fired 29 months ago. Unless you work for Madison Square Garden, I'm sure you would have been canned too.

But I'm still a Knicks fan. The Knicks existed before Isiah Thomas and they will exist long after he's finally been shown the door.

My anger at his "management" of my team does not mean I won't be happy if he gets 41 wins out of this team next season and makes the playoffs.

Just like if Blaze hiring a real coach and really rebuilding my beloved Liberty means she keeps her job (and yes, she is one of the 3), I won't be terribly upset.

Do I believe either of these things will happen...absolutely not. Thus, 1 down...3 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home